Forum de la passion des figurines 1/6e (action-figures12 pouces)

AccueilPortailS'enregistrerConnexionDernières images
-15%
Le deal à ne pas rater :
(Adhérents) LEGO® Icons 10318 Le Concorde
169.99 € 199.99 €
Voir le deal

30th ID trooper-'Russell Franklyn' head shots

AuteurMessage
Invité
Invité
Anonymous

30th ID trooper-'Russell Franklyn' head shots Empty
MessageSujet: 30th ID trooper-'Russell Franklyn' head shots   30th ID trooper-'Russell Franklyn' head shots EmptyMer 12 Nov 2008 - 20:27

Hello all...
I've been waiting for the release of the DiD 'Russell Franklyn' figure...the HS looked great in the preliminary pics, and I had a bash 'in-line' that needed a 'weary' GI 'dogface' visage...
I've wanted to bash a representative Normandy GI rifleman, during the 'Hedgerow' campaign, the US push to St.Lo, in anticipation of the eventual breakout and sweep across France...
A very tough time for the US soldiers involved, facing a very tough foe, in terrain that heavily favored the defender...
Many divisions were involved...the 29th, 30th,2nd, 9th, and 35th...the 3rd armored....the 83rd, also playing a small role...the prize of the actual capture of St.Lo went to the 29th (already decimated at Omaha-and bled almost dry during the Hedgerow campaign)
I chose the 30th ID for this bash, simply because I hadn't represented them yet inany of my bashes.
The DiD headsculpts lend themselves well to certain bashes, especially those where a longer neck balances the figure better...i.e.figures with turtleneck sweaters, high neck or closed tunics, figures wearing scarves, etc...
also, the longer necks on these sculpts bashed onto 'normal' figures add a little diversity to the regular line-up and help capture the difference in individual heights of people...the longer necks tend to make a figure appear more 'lanky'.
I wanted the 'Russell Franklyn' sculpt for this 30th ID trooper...
well, the sculpt arrived today,along with a few more sculpts...and I'm certainly not disappointed!
The sculpt's fleshtone is a little darker, giving him an 'in the sun' feel, and the beard and 'weak' chin, really give him some extra personality...IMO opinion, the sculpt is also very well painted straight from the factory...the eyes given the very glossy treatment (even regular HS's benefit greatly from a drop of Future floor wax in the eye socket).
Here is the figure from various angles, with emphasis on the HS...
Once again, Thanks for looking!
Bruce

30th ID trooper-'Russell Franklyn' head shots Picture345-1
30th ID trooper-'Russell Franklyn' head shots Picture346
30th ID trooper-'Russell Franklyn' head shots Picture347-1
30th ID trooper-'Russell Franklyn' head shots Picture348
30th ID trooper-'Russell Franklyn' head shots Picture349
30th ID trooper-'Russell Franklyn' head shots Picture350
30th ID trooper-'Russell Franklyn' head shots Picture352
30th ID trooper-'Russell Franklyn' head shots Picture353
30th ID trooper-'Russell Franklyn' head shots Picture354
30th ID trooper-'Russell Franklyn' head shots Picture355
30th ID trooper-'Russell Franklyn' head shots Picture356
30th ID trooper-'Russell Franklyn' head shots Picture357
Revenir en haut Aller en bas
Invité
Invité
Anonymous

MessageSujet: Re: 30th ID trooper-'Russell Franklyn' head shots   30th ID trooper-'Russell Franklyn' head shots EmptyMer 12 Nov 2008 - 20:35

great !!!!! cheers cheers bowdown bowdown 30th ID trooper-'Russell Franklyn' head shots 752406 30th ID trooper-'Russell Franklyn' head shots 752406 30th ID trooper-'Russell Franklyn' head shots 37690 30th ID trooper-'Russell Franklyn' head shots 37690
lad

lad

MessageSujet: Re: 30th ID trooper-'Russell Franklyn' head shots   30th ID trooper-'Russell Franklyn' head shots EmptyMer 12 Nov 2008 - 21:39

Very Nice !!

hand
Contenu sponsorisé

MessageSujet: Re: 30th ID trooper-'Russell Franklyn' head shots   30th ID trooper-'Russell Franklyn' head shots Empty

30th ID trooper-'Russell Franklyn' head shots
Page 1 sur 1